Indian Motorcycle continues its ‘Forged’ custom Indian Sport Chief video series, releasing the second of its three-bike build series. For this build, Indian Motorcycle tapped Jake Cutler from Barnstorm Cycles to create a one-of-a-kind custom Sport Chief for highly decorated MMA fighter, T.J. Dillashaw.
When designing the bike, Cutler wanted to create a locked-in riding position. To achieve this, Cutler narrowed the tank and added knee cutouts to allow T.J. to tuck into the bike for a more comfortable and secure riding position. For the seat, Cutler used custom upholstery with gripper fabric. The handlebars are raised two inches with a slight pull back, while the front end was lifted an inch. With colour-matched wheels, the bike’s high-finish paint was completed by Blue Moon Kustoms in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
“The end result of the bike is pretty much how I mapped it out,” said Cutler. “The colours are where I wanted them to be, the design is what I was hoping it would be.”
The Indian Motorcycle ‘Forged’ series will conclude with the final build by Carey Hart, set to debut May 18.
Parts List: 2023 Indian Motorcycle Sport Chief
- Beringer Brake Master and Clutch Cable Control
- Barnstorm Hand Control Transition adapters
- Barnett +2″ Clutch and Brake Cables
- Barnstorm “Lane Splitter” +2″ Pullback Handlebar Risers for Chief Models
- Indian Motorcycle Stock Sport Chief Moto style Handlebars
- Joker Machine Left Side Bar end Mirror
- Hart Luck ODI Grips
- Front end lifted 1″ with Bareknuckle Performance Indian Challenger Fork Extension
- Kuryakn Bullet Atto Amber front turns
- LED Headlight with custom extension mount.
- Joker Machine Pegs “Race” Foot Pegs
- RSD Traction Shift and Brake Pegs
- Barnstorm Chief/Chieftain Final drive chain conversion
- Barnstorm + Audette Motorcycles Complete Thunderstroke Engine cover set
- Revere cam cover
- Renegade horn cover
- Revere outer valve covers
- “BBolt” Sprocket Cover
- Barnstorm + Audette Motorcycle Moto Hi-Flo air intake
- Barnstorm signature hand fabricated Stainless Steel 2-1 Exhaust system with custom heat guards. TIG welded with full argon back purge. Finished with an internal ceramic coating and mirror polished.
- Indian Motorcycle stage tune thanks to the team at Moms of Manchester, NH
- Barnstorm Chief “Slim Subframe Strut and Fender Conversion”
- Kuryakn Bullet Atto red rear run/turn/brake lights, laydown license plate mount and LED Plate frame.
- Barnstorm “BBolt” Primary Cover medallion
- Barnstorm signature modified gas tank with hand-fabricated “Knee cuts.”
- Custom seat upholstery stitched by Seamless Custom in Leicester, Massachusetts
- Custom Powder coating done by C.A.S. Services in Oxford Massachusetts
- Custom paint-sprayed Blue Moon Kustoms in Oshkosh, Wisconsin