For riders looking for something more exclusive and elevated from the rest, Indian Motorcycle is offering the 2023 Indian Challenger Elite. With only 150 available in total and less than 50 outside of America, the limited-edition bagger makes a bold statement with its premium Sapphire Blue Smoke Paint with Black Smoke and Titanium Metallic Smoke Accents.
The perfect blend of style, performance and comfort, the Indian Challenger Elite is sure to turn heads on streets and crush miles on open highways. The liquid cooled PowerPlus V-twin engine touts a best-in-class 90 kW horsepower and 178 Nm of torque, and its premium amenities and advanced ride-enhancing technology deliver a ride experience that’s second-to-none. All-in, whether riding two-up for a weekend adventure or commuting solo, the Indian Challenger Elite delivers the ultimate in style and exclusivity.
Indian Challenger Elite’s long list of premium features include:
• Three Ride Modes (Sport, Standard, Rain)
• Electronically Adjustable Rear Suspension Preload from Fox®
• Smart Lean Technology
• Adaptive LED Headlight
• LED Driving Lights
• Adjustable Flare Windscreen
• Spacious Select Floorboards
• Heated Grips
• 165 mm Powerband Audio with Saddlebag Speakers
• New Precision Cut five-spoke wheel
Keeping the rider informed, the Challenger Elite comes with the glove-friendly, industry-leading seven-inch touchscreen display powered by Ride Command that offers Apple CarPlay®, GPS with turn-by-turn navigation* and a multitude of bike data to customise your view. Fox® electronically adjustable rear suspension preload allows riders to adjust their preload for optimal comfort and handling under varying conditions. Whether riding solo, two-up or carrying more cargo – the electronically adjustable rear suspension preload is managed from the convenience of the bike’s infotainment system. The new electronic preload is also available as an accessory upgrade for all Indian Challenger models.
Race-spec radially-mounted Brembo® brakes provide powerful and progressive stopping power, and performance touring Metzeler® Cruisetec® tyres offer supreme traction and unbeatable line holding. In addition, both models offer intuitive Smart Lean Technology, which keeps riders confidently grounded by utilising a Bosch® IMU to add cornering control to the dynamic traction control and ABS for precise cornering, maximised braking, and maximised acceleration.
The Challenger lineup, like all 2023 Thunderstroke and PowerPlus models, receives a new clutch – improving the overall feel and forgiveness. This new slipper clutch reduces engine drag, providing a smoother down shifting experience and comfortable ride while improving your ability to maintain traction when facing poor road conditions. Lastly, the larger friction zone and decreased lever effort reduces your clutch fatigue, which can be beneficial in urban areas or when riding in traffic.
For 2023, the Indian Pursuit, Chieftain, Indian Challenger, and Roadmaster models also feature a redesigned LED headlight, which improves reach and spread of light — helping the rider see what lies ahead, while also improving their visibility to other motorists on the road. And The Indian Pursuit with Premium Package now offers Lower Fairing Storage compartments as standard.
Ride Command Infotainment System
• Screen Size: 178 mm
• Premium Audio System: 400-Watt with AM/FM, Bluetooth® and USB input
• Apple Carplay® Integration
• GPS Navigation: Turn-by-turn directions, built-in points of interest
• Customizable Route Builder: Add up to 100 way points
• Electronically Adjustable Rear Suspension Preload
• Smart Lean Technology
For 2023, Indian Motorcycle brings new following new accessories:
• Syndicate Heated Seat for Indian Challenger Models
• Reduced Reach Kickstand for all Indian Challenger and Indian Pursuit Models
• Two CruzTOOLS® Tool Kits Compatible with all Indian Motorcycle Models
• All-Weather Vinyl Tailbag, which attaches to select passenger seat or luggage racks
• Color matched Quick Release Low Profile Trunk factory engineered to add style, passenger comfort, and extra storage space to bagger and touring models. With a 10 kg cargo limit and 46 litres of volume riders can easily fits two half helmets, gloves, and a jacket, Perfect for day trips and small adventures it can also be installed and removed without tools with no mounting hardware remaining on the motorcycle.
Notes for editors:
• For pricing and availability in your region, please contact your local Indian Motorcycle press contact.
• Images may show North American models and may have accessories fitted. International models may vary.
• Navigation may not be available in all countries.