Indian Pursuit – the next generation of American V-Twin touring performance. Featuring the liquid-cooled PowerPlus engine, seamless ride-enhancing technology, a chassis-mounted fairing, and loads of touring amenities, the Indian Pursuit and stakes its claim as the most capable and refined American touring machine on the road.
Packed with unparalleled comfort and performance, the heart of the Pursuit is the smooth and high revving Indian Motorcycle PowerPlus engine, a 1768cc, liquid-cooled V-twin that delivers a class-leading 90kW and 178Nm of torque. Overhead camshafts and four valves per cylinder deliver incredible V-twin performance and power from a powertrain that features a six-speed transmission with true overdrive, assist clutch to reduce clutch effort, and hydraulic valve lash adjusters and camshaft chain tensioners for a low maintenance and reliable powerplant. Riders can customise the bike’s throttle mapping to suit their riding style, or the conditions, by selecting from three ride modes, including Rain, Standard and Sport. Each mode has been engineered with its own distinct traction control settings to match its throttle mapping and provide maximum confidence to the rider.
The chassis-mounted fairing provides for lighter steering and is less affected by the wind. The adjustable windscreen and vented lower fairings provide superior protection from the elements and a heightened level of flexibility to adjust to varying weather and temperature conditions. Premium style integrated driving lights in the lower fairings improve visibility at night and in colder weather, heated grips keep riders’ hands warm while the Pursuit’s new Heated Touring Comfort seat delivers unprecedented comfort. In addition, a premium cargo trunk and spacious saddlebags combine for more than 133 litres of power-locking storage.
Keeping the rider informed, the Pursuit comes with the glove-friendly, industry-leading seven-inch touchscreen display powered by Ride Command that offers Apple CarPlay®, GPS with turn-by-turn navigation* and a multitude of bike data to customise your view. Fox® electronically adjustable rear suspension preload allows riders to adjust their preload for optimal comfort and handling under varying conditions. Whether riding solo, two-up or carrying more cargo – the electronically adjustable rear suspension preload is managed from the convenience of the bike’s infotainment system. The new electronic preload is also available as an accessory upgrade for all Indian Challenger models.
Race-spec radially-mounted Brembo® brakes provide powerful and progressive stopping power, and performance touring Metzeler® Cruisetec® tyres offer supreme traction and unbeatable line holding. In addition, both models offer intuitive Smart Lean Technology, which keeps riders confidently grounded by utilising a Bosch® IMU to add cornering control to the dynamic traction control and ABS for precise cornering, maximised braking, and maximised acceleration.
The Pursuit lineup, like all 2023 Thunderstroke and PowerPlus models, receives a new clutch – improving the overall feel and forgiveness. This new slipper clutch reduces engine drag, providing a smoother down shifting experience and comfortable ride while improving your ability to maintain traction when facing poor road conditions. Lastly, the larger friction zone and decreased lever effort reduces your clutch fatigue, which can be beneficial in urban areas or when riding in traffic.
For 2023, the Indian Pursuit, Chieftain, Indian Challenger, and Roadmaster models also feature a redesigned LED headlight, which improves reach and spread of light — helping the rider see what lies ahead, while also improving their visibility to other motorists on the road. And The Indian Pursuit with Premium Package now offers Lower Fairing Storage compartments as standard.
Integrated buttons on the Heated Seats and Heated and Cooled Seats for 2023 PowerPlus and heavyweight Thunderstroke models now feature haptics, which allow riders to feel the button’s responsive when wearing gloves.
Ride Command Infotainment System
• Screen Size: 178 mm
• Premium Audio System: 100-Watt with AM/FM, Bluetooth® and USB input
• Apple Carplay® Integration
• GPS Navigation: Turn-by-turn directions, built-in points of interest
• Customizable Route Builder: Add up to 100 way points
• Electronically Adjustable Rear Suspension Preload
• Smart Lean Technology
• Integrated Driving Lights
• Heated Touring Comfort Seat
For 2023, Indian Motorcycle brings new following new accessories:
• Reduced Reach Kickstand for all Indian Challenger and Indian Pursuit Models
• Two CruzTOOLS® Tool Kits Compatible with all Indian Motorcycle Models
• All-Weather Vinyl Tailbag, which attaches to select passenger seat or luggage racks
• Color matched Quick Release Low Profile Trunk factory engineered to add style, passenger comfort, and extra storage space to bagger and touring models. With a 10 kg cargo limit and 46 litres of volume riders can easily fits two half helmets, gloves, and a jacket, Perfect for day trips and small adventures it can also be installed and removed without tools with no mounting hardware remaining on the motorcycle.
Notes for editors:
• For pricing and availability in your region, please contact your local Indian Motorcycle press contact.
• Images may show North American models and may have accessories fitted. International models may vary.
• Navigation may not be available in all countries.
• Indian Pursuit Premium Package is the standard trim level for Europe.